With the incredible variety of nursery decoration choices available, it can be hard to make a final decision on your baby nursery decor. The most effective way to “shorten the list” of baby nursery decoration options is to consider your own style preferences and personal interests. Think about the things which were fun and memorable for you while you where growing up, or maybe look to the styles of today for something new and inspiring. However, before making any decisions, always remember that your baby nursery decor has to be enjoyable and functional for the baby and the parents too.
The goal with any baby nursery decor is to create a special place for you and your baby since you will be spending the most time here and much of the bonding will occur in the baby’s room. So the nursery decoration style you select should have an inviting and pleasant feel to it. To assist you with making your baby nursery decoration choices, here are five points to stimulate your ongoing creativity.
1. Start with the crib. Since this is the focal point in the room, select your crib design first and then the style of the room will be defined for you. Whether you select a modern, classic, Victorian, or whimsical crib style, the design will establish the rest of your baby nursery decor. A changing table, dresser and other furniture pieces should be selected to match the style.
2. Add color. The color scheme of the room should reflect the style of your furniture. But to stimulate your baby’s eyes and brain, incorporate bold colors and patterns into your nursery decoration. Utilize the primary colors, as well as shades of them for a complementing and contrasting color scheme. Add a colorful design to the ceiling as well for an interesting look.
3. Include some character. Adding colorful characters bring a baby nursery decor to life. You can either use a stencil to paint in themed or storybook characters, affix a decal or mural to the wall, or hang a poster or wall hanging. Some popular characters are from nursery rhymes, books, or television shows. Among them are classics like Raggedy Ann and Andy, Noah’s Ark and Mother Goose.
4. Accessorize. Accessories are where you can really emphasize your baby nursery decoration look. For easy care, choose accessories that are washable, unbreakable and baby proof. There are numerous unique designs for nursery decoration pieces like photo frames, decorative baskets, shelving and toy boxes.
5. Incorporate the essentials. You will find that your baby nursery decoration items will change as your baby progresses from infancy to early school age. During the newborn stages, the room should include essential furnishings for the parents, such as a glider, ottoman, or rocking chair, which are ideal comfort items for feeding and rocking. As the baby grows older, you can remove these furnishings and replace them with age appropriate essentials.